Friday, August 26, 2005


The clouds overhead were pretty cool today. The contrast really wasn't as extreme as this, but cameras have to decide on exposure, and as I focused on the sky, that's the part that got properly exposed... One of the prayers I read somewhere (really poor reference person here) talked about cultivating compassion as vast as the sky.

Out there, under these huge clouds, in the quiet refuge before the Stupa, I made my aspirational prayers that I too will embody limitless compassion. It was funny, so much time spent working on them, it was really nice to just recite prayers and circumambulate, focused on cultivating my spiritual path.

Of course, that's what they're here for! If you're not spiritual, they're great for healing from illness, bestowing prosperity, and in general they're beautiful historical monuments. Thus, I'll always encourage you to visit them, whether in Poolesville, or here on line. They bring benefit on many, many levels, and you don't even have to try!

Back to making a living (at the hospital) this weekend, but don't fret. I took lots of photos yesterday of the relief that needs work, and I'll post those over the weekend. It'll be back to work on Monday, with KT's truck on stand by. Please do come spend some time with them though, I guarantee you won't regret it! Posted by Picasa

No comments: