Monday, August 29, 2005

August 29th...purpose....


Although I was up late, I awoke early, ready to work. When I called Ani Rene to find out if she had arranged for a truck, I instead found out that the hurricaine was making landfall with a vengence. I got dressed in my robes so quickly I forgot my cellphone when I left the house! When I got to the temple there were quite a few folks already there, Rene had spent almost the entire night there praying. This may sound weird, but we really do believe that prayer can change the world. We're not talking about instant miracles here, but the course of events is influenced by the positive or negative aspirations of beings. So when ugly things start to happen, we get to work cultivating positive aspirations for the benefit of all. I had hoped to work on the Stupa today (really, really wanted to), but knew immediately it was time to set the agenda aside, and use the Stupas for what they were built for. So even though the renovation had a day off, we still spent the day with the Stupas... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Florida Marlins batboy suspended for drinking too much
An unidentified batboy for the Florida Marlins was recently suspended for six games for drinking too much milk.
Love your blog ! I'm bookmarking you!

I have a millionaires site/blog. It touches on millionaires related stuff.

Check it out if you get time :-)