Tuesday, August 16, 2005

August 16th...downtime...


This is a shot of the temple (the back of it). You can see the overcast skies. It rained on and off all day, and we basically took a day off. I worked on a thank you card for the project (will share it with you when I'm finished, tougher than I thought it'd be), and a screensaver for the Enlightenment Stupa portion of the project. I'll see if I can get that posted somewhere as well when I'm done with it. Norbu watched a video he found in the AV corner at the temple about His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, filmed by his students. The video was really awe inspiring! It was a quiet afternoon, a chance to rest. We also did the afternoon tsog with Ani Hesper, who has returned from retreat.

My Mom and Dad made it out as well, to see the finished Stupa!My Dad brought me an old light kit (older than I am!) from his photography days (he use to have a full dark room when I was a kid). The stands, brackets and barn doors all work, and they're all solid metal, no aluminum, so they may be heavy, but that's a good thing when it comes to lights. He also had two lamps, and from what I could tell they looked to be in great shape despite their age. So one day soon I'll be heading to Ritz camera to pick up some bulbs. I know, for the Stupas, being outdoors, there would be no occasion to use them. But for interior shots at the temple, they'll really add a huge level of flexibility. I might be able to photograph the indoor Stupas (we have a full set of 8 surrounding a mandala in our Dharma Room)! Thus, though no labor occurred today outdoors, the wheels of the Stupa Project are still turning... Posted by Picasa

No comments: