Monday, June 27, 2005


A close up of the gau of the Auspicious Manifold Doorways Stupa. It was literally coming apart! I was mortified. I went out and bought caulk, and caulked the heck out of it. I didn't know what else to do, but I couldn't NOT do something. You can see photos from earlier this month where Norbu has lovingly restored this!! How amazing! But believe me, in the beginning I was griefstruck. I didn't know anything about concrete, but I knew something had to be done. Hence, the research phase hit high gear. It was a long road, a story for another day, but we're now at the point where this precious park is free of paint, and nearly completely repaired. We're now just waiting for our fund to grow enough to order paint! If you'd like to contribute to this you can use the link on this page, or send us a comment. It's going to be a custom paint, one that is both breathable enough to allow vapors to escape while protective enough to keep rain out of the concrete. We've tracked down (finally) a vendor, have a sample chosen, and are ready to go! We just need a little boost in the budget! : )  Posted by Hello

No comments: