Tuesday, June 21, 2005


Norbu...I know you don't like having your picture all over the place on the blog, but he's so essential to the progress of this project I have to include him! Here he's spraying the stripper onto the Long Life Stupa in the Stupa Park. This was way back in March, when we were just getting started.

I've decided to post a kind of review today (not comprehensive at all, sorry). I worked at the hospital, and haven't gotten an update yet from the work today, so I figured I'd develop some perspective. By viewing this post you get a small glimpse of the people, the labor, the challenges and the devotion that drive this project. By no means is everyone included (it would take hours to post all of them), but through this I hope to show that all you see happening is the result of a huge team effort, with many people plugging in where they can, when they can.

It takes all of us to get this done, from the rock solid anchors like Norbu, to those who were able to swing by and drop off lunch one day for the crew. So when you see me say in post after post that this project is built on the backbones of ordinary folks, with no technical experience in this type of work, you can see who some of them are! Our only qualifications are a recognition of the amazing spiritual power of the Stupas, our devotion to keeping them in the world, and our willingness to live that devotion through real effort!

This process continues to this day (I'll be out on site Thursday, have to work...). I'm getting emails from folks who are coming out to work, and Gretchen is going to pick up materials from Hanover on Friday! She's going to meet me here in my hometown of Gaithersburg to pick out brocades for the Stupas! David Parker is coming out Thursday to meet with us again, to start planning our next platform (for Migyur Dorje!), so if any of this inspires you to give it a try we'll be here! If you're not able to get out here in person, than keep visiting here! All of this, from the sweat and grit of the work, to the time spent posting photos and fumbling with words, is all done to bring benefit to you! So that you can have a place to go where compassion, peace, and healing are real! Whether viewed through this screen, or in Poolesville, it is real! May all take heart as they review these courageous folks! Posted by Hello

No comments: