Thursday, December 22, 2005


Here's a shot of my project yesterday. Lisa has some guys at her job that have some left over plexi from a project they're working on, and they offered to cut us some new shields for the Stupas! However, time was an issue, as they are going to need to move on to the next project. So, I went out yesterday with some sort of semi-transparent fabric my Mom gave me (I needed something to trace the template with). I learned a few things about this process, not the least of which is use a pencil! I used a pen, and the right angle and absorbant fibers of the fabric caused the ink to keep drying up. Of course, I managed. And then there's the old double sided tape thing. Fortunately, the temple had some. Otherwise it would have been a tough job by myself. You can see that I did get it traced and cut though. I also used a roll of brown paper my Dad gave me (my parents are handy folks) to cut a more sturdy template. Lisa delivered the patterns to her co-worker...now we just need to see what turns up! Posted by Picasa

No comments: