Friday, October 14, 2005


In the end, I decided to remove the rubber Lisa and Ashley had so painstakingly applied. I think it might have worked, but we had constant rain since that day. The front was peeling (as was intended) but the top was sticky and messy.

Once I removed all the rubber, there was still a slickness there, I'm guessing from the release agent. I didn't know how to remove it, and Ani Rene, who took the photos you're seeing, had to leave. She was my savior, helping me get the equipment back into the truck (working alone has drawbacks). So I called it a day.

Tomorrow the crew is larger, James and Lisa are game for the day. We're meeting early, with hopes of getting both coats on the small Stupas! I stopped by Pearl Art Center on my way home to get some blocks of clay. My theory (I'm not the trained artist here) is that Lisa could mold the clay around the gau (this kind dries hard and can be cured in an oven) and then make whatever molds she wants from that. I'll let her worry about how we'll get the release agent off...there's always good old dish soap (I may bring some). Since it was PAM that went on, maybe that'd DAWN would be the way to get it off! : ) We'll figure it out. In any case, we are ready to go for it tomorrow!

Whether we're working out there or not, the Stupas are always available to you! They are here for no other reason than to benefit beings, all beings, so please do visit us here in Poolesville! If you can't make it to Maryland, we'll keep them close to you here!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: