Friday, July 22, 2005


Here's a stock photo taken by Ted Kirkowski, one of the builders of the Enlightenment Stupa. You can see it looks pretty new! This is an old photo (don't even know the date), but I'm posting it as we're getting close to restoring this Stupa to this state! Tomorrow, after my mandatory meeting for work (what can you do?) I'll be out working on a second coat of paint! My hope is that all the folks planning to come out aren't disappointed and leave before I'm able to get there...Alas...the life of a working woman...

You can see from the post earlier this week that we've already gotten a lot done. I'm guessing 4 or 5 hours and a few people and the white paint could be applied! If you're interested in coming out, even for 10 minutes, we'll be there by 1:30 pm (earlier if I can at all make it!). Yeah, yeah, the heat...that's a cookin' time of day...so we'll play it by ear. But the forecasts! We so rarely have two days in a row without storms this time of year! Don't worry...I'll be reasonable...

Tied up with work today I was unable to get out there to get photos of what it looks like right now. The paint goes on looking thin, but becomes more opaque as it dries. We'll still need the second coat, but I'm eager to see how the first one looks... Two days away from it and I'm dying to get back out there!

The Stupas are here whether I am or not, so please do come out and see them for yourself! They bring benefit to all that encounter them, whether you understand them or not, whether you believe it or not. All you have to do is see them, feel the wind that has touched them, or even just recall one, and you are benefited. It doesn't get easier than that! And it's all here, free of charge, every day, all the time!

Whether you come on out to Poolesville, Maryland, or spend a moment with us here, all of it is offered to all beings, to bring them peace, healing and joy. All the folks you see on these pages are just regular folks, from many backgrounds and walks of life, coming together to preserve these sacred structures. If you want to lend a hand, just let us know! We've got plenty left to do!Posted by Picasa

No comments: