Tuesday, July 26, 2005


Believe it or not you're looking at the very spot where the Migyur Dorje Stupa now stands! This is a photo from before it was built, as they planned it's construction. I'm continuing my background info today, as I worked again.

I'm offering these glimpses into the construction of Migyur Dorje with great joy, as they were what inspired me several years ago to see that regular folks like me really could accomplish something amazing (not alone, but when committing to an effort such as you see on these pages). It is my hope that by sharing them you too might become inspired and realize that we are all capable of so much more than we realize.

Our teachers vow to return again, and again, until we ultimately realize we are capable of liberating every single being from suffering, until we actually accomplish that very task! For me, renovating a Stupa is a small step along that road, learning to give up my ordinary comforts (recognizing their inevitable impermanence, and the pervasive suffering of all around me) to engage in something that benefits all beings. I am not alone in this, all you see here on these pages share this quality. You too, could come out and give this a try! Don't worry, 10 minutes is a great contribution! That'd be 10 minutes devoted to ending suffering, not only for oneself, but for all beings suffering in the world... Posted by Picasa

No comments: