Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September 26th...glimpses from a week ago...


Yes, this is a Stupa blog, but if you've been following you know us Stupa folks ended up traveling south the past few weeks to do what we could after Katrina. Norbu is still in transit somewhere, transporting dogs he pulled from the toxic much of New Orleans. Myself, I had much more civilized journey but exhausting nonetheless. I'm posting some photos from the trip over the next few days as I get what rest I can before resuming work on the Stupas---alone! Don't fret though, lots of help on the weekends. That's just a different routine than when Norbu and I ground it out every day. I can still do that, but it'll just be slower without that male muscle...

Just as an orientation, this is a shot of the temple entrance. You can see the large pile of debris next to it, the temple was pretty much gutted as the flood waters damaged much of the contents. Even though it's up on stilts, the water level crept up to the level of the atlars! But didn't flood the statues or offerings! Fortunately... Posted by Picasa

No comments: