Friday, September 16, 2005

September 16th...Tornado!

Not a real tornado, just the winds of change whipping into high gear!

The day started for myself and Ani Rene at Holy Cross Hospital, where our devoted Stupa dudet Amber gave birth!

We then moved into preparation mode for the trip to Mississippi, to get ready for animal rescue. James, my traveling companion, was eager to get involved. We all met at breakfast to plan...all following this blog knows how the whole "plan" issue goes.

I got vaccinated (really different on the other end of the needle let me tell you!) and hoped for rest. Alas, such thoughts...

The whole mission changed when the level of need of our Vietnamese friends down south was expressed. We had been casually organizing relief for them, when it was discovered they have NOTHING, nothing! So again we headed into high gear. Gathering, arranging, and planning...So now James and I will be assisting in the transport of relief items to a community in Alabama. They are a small Buddhist community down there, where their whole village was destroyed. Their nuns don't even have an altar!

For myself this meant yet another shift in the game plan (don't worry, I'm use to it), so I went to the temple despite plans on staying home and trying to get some rest. I found tons of donations there, being slowly sorted through by a few weary volunteers. You can see below how all that went...

After a meeting that seemed eternal (when you're this sleepy everything besides the bed seems eternal), I retired for the night. With the practice tomorrow I'll need to arrive early to get the camera and everything set up, so some sleep would really be helpful.

And, after I got home, I finally got a call from my bud Norbu! He's in Madison, LA. He's visiting a Nyingma Center there with a Stupa! He was so happy! So even on his mission, the Stupas are with him!

No comments: