Wednesday, May 24, 2006
It may not look different to you all, but to us, it's an awesome sight. Here we mount the trimmed plexi into it's new location, now inset from the face of the gau. It will allow a completely sealed chamber once we caulk it in place, and will prevent damage to the paint on the gau caused by water sitting between the plexi and the paint (you can see what happened when we removed the plexi). It is the most challenging step in this overhaul, and we're glad to have it behind us. Of course, we still have work to do...the entire interior chamber must be repaired and prepped for paint (we're going to apply a rubberized roofing paint to the interior to seal it from the moisture penetrating the concrete). Once that's done though, we think we'll have the moisture issue under control in there (finally!). After we finished this, we moved inside the temple and did a tsog offering ceremony, hence, I was home too late to post anything. And then yesterday, well...I met Pema for another long day of work...so you're getting a few days worth of updates here!