Sunday, November 06, 2005

November 6th....Meditation....


I'm posting Guru Rinpoche's photo tonight, as I am heading off to bed early to catch as much sleep as possible before my early morning prayer shift. For those of you unfamiliar with our temple here in Poolesville, we maintain an 24 hour prayer vigil to end suffering. That's right, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day, for 20 + years this has been upheld.

This week I'm stepping in as caretaker of the chart (we have quite a system for keeping folks in the prayer room!), which means I get to fill in places no one volunteers to fill. That means a lot of middle of the night shifts...So even us Stupa dudes get our sit down practice time!

This photo is from the main altar in our prayer room, which is open 24 hours a day, everyday, and like our Stupas, welcomes all regardless of faith. So even with the precious Guru as my subject, I can continue to invite all of you to visit our temple here in Poolesville, Maryland. Whether to see our Stupas, or our ceaseless cycle of prayer, our doors are open all the time...

For those of you worried about the Migyur Dorje Stupa, we do have a plan! We're praying for the weather to hold out long enough for full implementation! I'll be going out to keep the paint rolling bright and early, fresh after my morning practice in the prayer room (that's 8 am for anyone looking to join in!).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: