Thursday, November 17, 2005

November 17th...Joy....


Well, what can you say? I left my camera, with what few photos I took, in the truck today. So I'm posting this photo of the Amitabha Stupa in Arizona, which is currently undergoing it's own repairs!

I was exhausted by days end, and with the cold weather setting in, couldn't feel my feet, so I left in a bit of a hurry. The day was, however, worth every second of suffering. I was able to apply stripper and then power wash the flagstone around the Stupa Park. Unfortunately, our nemesis, the white paint from the hell realms continued to resist our efforts at removal, even from the ground. There was, however, a lot of paint spread around between all the coats, the spraying and the footprints. I can say the majority of it was removed today, but not all. So it goes with the Stupa project!

I may have thought I was done at that point, but who appeared? James! He came as early as he could for the class tonight, and came out to see if we could work on the plexi! So, though warm slippers and pizza were dancing in my head, we went out to Migyur Dorje to pick up a ladder and clambered up the Enlightenment Stupa. Thanks to James though, we were able to get the plexi down, grind out the slot where it sits so it will now fit flush, and remove the brocade for cleaning! We lost a few bolts and washers (it was dark at this point after all) and the caulk is a MESS. But, we're another step closer to getting that chamber properly sealed. I'll be back out tomorrow to assess the gaus of the Long Life Stupa and Ngagpa Yeshe Dorje, and I should have enough brain cells left by the end of the day to remember to bring the camera home. : )

As usual, I'll end by saying all you see on these pages is devoted towards keeping these precious structures in the world for the benefit of all. Everyone is welcome to visit them, pray to them, make offerings to them, you don't need to be Buddhist or even know what they are. They are here for you, offering ceaseless blessings. It is our hope you will visit them in person when you can (in Poolesville, Maryland or in Sedona, Arizona), and here online! Posted by Picasa

No comments: